Friday, April 24, 2009

Yay Spring!






I do believe spring is upon us. The flowers are in bloom.


Our sandbox has fresh sand and is open for diggers.





I made my son his very first pair of cut-off jean shorts. love those!
And I do believe we have dwellers in our blue bird house.
Sorry, the little buggers took off as soon as I took out my camera so no birdies in the pictures. They're not blue birds either. My mom thinks they are chickadees. I didn't know that was an actual breed!

5 comments:

Holli said...

Love the pictures! Your yard is gorgeous!! My mom told me the other day (after she saw some blooming here) what a flowering quince is and that is definitely what you have blooming in your yard when you asked the other day on your blog what that bush was.

Roxy said...

Thanks, Holli. Another friend thought they were quince too. I looked them up but didn't think they looked quite right. I'll have to look up other pictures.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

Love the pic of your son! So cute! If you get 'songbird' seed for the birdies, you'll have lots of chickadee, cardinals, blue jays and others!

Brandie said...

Great pics! I loved the nice weather this weekend, even though we skipped spring all together and went right to summer weather. oh well...I'm not complaining!

Lizzi said...

Your yard looks so lovely and relaxing...all that green is beautiful! Love the cut-offs; your son reminds me of Huckleberry Finn!