Daffodils gallour
English Ivy, I think, with little purple flowers. Beautiful but I worry snakes like to hide in there.
Can anyone tell me what this is? Its rather large bush (?) in the back of our yard. We'd thought about pulling it out until we saw it bloom. Today is the first day I've seen flowers on it this season.




10 comments:
That might be a quince you have there. Our neighbors have one and I think they are so pretty when they bloom that I often think of getting one for our yard.
I'm jealous....we don't have a yard or beautiful flowers!
Quince? I've never heard of that.
All your blooms are gorgeous! Good thing you didn't take out the pink-blossomed bush because it is so pretty.
Looking good...very springy!
Roxy, I know what those little red flowers are - it's right on the tip of my tongue! Darn it, I can't bring it past there, lol! As soon as I remember, I'll let you know!
(Sorry, I always forget something in a comment & have to leave another). Don't worry about snakes hiding in those purple flowers silly! Most you'd ever get would be a garden/garter snake and while it may scare the ever living bleep out of you, that's about all it can do to you, lol!
And those little purple flowers are a type of "phlox" (I love them, yours are such a pretty color!) - closest I could find with a quick online search is: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.missouriplants.com/Blueopp/Phlox_divaricata_plant.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.missouriplants.com/Blueopp/Phlox_divaricata_page.html&usg=__UTm3xbnVRmSY7MDkISRM-Xw4ukI=&h=532&w=600&sz=142&hl=en&start=17&sig2=cGJwKTuE4y5H1EpR_zUtrw&um=1&tbnid=6zeMynHiLx04AM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dphlox%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=WmTvSd36FaCmtgeVy8DIDw
Jo - thanks for the info. So those purple flowers don't come out of the ivy then, they are just mixed in there. Interesting.
And a snake is a snake, blach blach blach! don't like 'em!
Let me know if the name of the red-flowered bush ever hits you.
Yup, they're just mixed in! I know, I don't like snakes either! The red flowered bush is driving me nuts because I can't think of the name. As soon as it comes to me, I'll let you know!
Post a Comment