Go away, ex-BFF! Be gone! Before I drop a house on you too!
*sigh* Yes, I am still struggling with stupid ex-BFF. Not the actual person because lord knows she wouldn't make an effort to contact me, or would she.....
A mutual friend, one that was always a good friend of mine but that xBFF didn't really like, (Mutual friend really rubbed xBFF the wrong way) recently told me that xBFF friended her on Facebook. Mutual friend knows how xBFF felt about her so she found it odd. Still confirmed the friendship, though. xBFF even PMed her. The usual stuff "how are you? do you still live XYZ?". Mutual friend responded but kept the information limited and conversation brief. She was suspicious (as was I by this point in her story. Hell I was suspicious from the beginning). Then xBFF not only PMs her back but blathers on about what she's up to and, get this, sounds perky. Now it is hard to sound perky in via text but for xBFF to sound perky.....FREAKY! She wore bitterness like it was a prize tattoo.
Wow. That was either a bad metaphor or a really funny one.
Anyway, mutual friend felt the need to tell me all of this because she wondered if xBFF was eventually going to ask about me or contact. Heads up to Roxy.
*sigh*
I just want her to go away. I think. What I want is closure to my friend-wound but I really don't know if I'd want to talk to this person. She hasn't contacted me but the threat of her making her way to the people that are "my people" unnerves me some.
There is a good side to all this.....xBFF FINALLY locked down her Facebook account!! Now I can't spy on her anymore. Which is a good thing. Not really. Because I obviously couldn't control it my need to peak.
I still feel like its not over. In two years of living within 5 miles of each other we have not crossed paths. I can't imagine that is going to last forever.
Fate - just rip off the damn proverbial band-aid and get it over with already!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like maybe you need a friend to talk to about this? I sense a morning IM convo in our future maybe huh?? LOL I hope so---I miss those great talks---its been awhile!
If you need or want to talk about all this crap I'm feeling good and ready for it come Monday morning........ :)
LOVE your metaphor! "she wore bitterness like it was a prized tattoo"....great. I've known a few of those people in my life too.
My blog stalking/stalkee adventure has ended too...and it is a blessing. I was being stalked by an ex's wife and I'll admit it, I was stalking in return. ha! But he finally confronted her about it and she stopped and went private. It's all for the best. Although when they go out of town I'll get a random visit on my blog when she can visit without their town showing up on my tracking. I find it funny.
My two cents (having had a lot of experience in this area, especially recently): Tell current friend to delete xbff from her friends (xbff won't be notified) and be done with it out of respect to you because it makes you uncomfortable. Write a letter to xbff, telling her whatever is on your mind, then shred it and throw the pieces in the trash. Regardless, it will take a long time for you to be completely ok with how things are now with the xbff & what ever went down between you. Having her so close doesn't make that any easier, I know, but it's time to kick it all completely to the curb.
Post a Comment