I've got some time to myself tonight so here I sit with my computer. Like its so unusual these days. I've become way to addicted to this thing. My poor son is going to end up resenting computers if I'm not careful.
I need to get back to regular post rather then the cheesy list and question. [whispering] I do love those, though. Anyway, so here I sit, trying to think of something to write about and keep getting distracted by Real Housewives of New York. What's worse, is RH of NY just ended and now they are showing a preview for RH of New Jersey! Ugh! For those of you who don't know, I am from Jersey. And no, I am not one of those North Jersey girls with big hair, fake nails, boobs, tans and too much make -up. God, no!! And this new show......OMG! Such a bad name for Jersey Girls. These women look like the picture next everyone's Jersey Girl stereotype. Oh, brother! They must have put out an add looking for "stereo-typical" NJers. There is a set of sisters who come from a big 'ol Italian family, they've already used the phrase "blood is thicker then water" and the sons are talking about opening a strip joint. Good lord. Just call it Real World Soprano's Neighborhood and be done with it. Can you feel me rolling my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
LOL! I love HW of Orange County but have never been able to get into any of the others. Maybe I'll check out the Jersey one just to see what you're talking about. :)
Its been a struggle to blog lately. I guess my life just isn't as interesting as I thought.
LMAO!!! I've never watched any of the HW series, but I may have to check this one out. I lived and worked in Bergen county (North Jersey) for 2 years in my early 20's. It was an experience for a small town Utah girl!! Rock of Love Bus is ending this week, so I need some new trash to watch. haha!
The unfortunate thing about stereotypes is that in part, they're often true (for some people not all), the really unfortunate thing about stereotypes is that they end up branding someone, something, some place as a whole instead of being specific!
I'm not from North Jersey but I've lived in Bayonne and I actually liked it! Loved it really. (I never said I was normal). People from up North who talk like they've got a mouth full of marbles (or something else, snerk!) still get on my nerves though. And don't even get me started about what some of they're (and NYers) moving southward thru NJ has done to our communities...
Heh hum. Anyway! And I was known back in the day to have big hair! Really big hair! (No fake nails, too much makeup or fake boobs though, lol!)
I forgot to mention, as if the Soprano's didn't give everyone the impression that all of NJ talks like, "Hey, Mr. Vinny Boom-baats!" now a RH of NJ? I have a feeling they won't all be from up North. We've got A LOT of "How you doin'?" down in our area.
Jo - the key phrase is "back in the day" you had big hair. Not STILL! ;-)
LOL! Now and again big hair happens, though it's not on purpose - it's usually because I'm frizzing!
Post a Comment