Blah. Lousy week. Glad it is over.
Yet again I let myself get ropped into helping with VBS (vacation bible school) at my mom's church. That was a disaster. I think most of the kids had fun but I've about had it with the woman who runs it! We had a major throw-down midweek and I let her have it. Micro-managing martar. Ugg! I swore off doing it again. Probably. On the upside, I think I made a new friend. We went out for drinks after VBS was over to gribe and had a good time hanging out. She even paid for my drinks saying that we had to do it again because she had very few friends and had fun with me. The tool that I am clapped with excitement and said
"awesome! I don't have very many friends too! I'm in dire need of someone to call on the I-need-out-of-the-house-nights!"
Glad I'm not in the dating circuit anymore, I'd probably totally scare boys off with honest reactions like that!
And in the middle of the VBS debacle my Uncle died. He'd found out only the week before that he had pancreatic cancer. Sigh. Pout. I have more on my uncle dying but I think I'm going to wait until I can scan in an old picture or two. The upside, and this is totally horrible, I think his funeral service will be this weekend which is when we were supposed to go visit my SIL & her family. Hee hee.....totally happy to put off going to see them! And it sort of humors me because I think my Uncle, had he met my SIL and heard of her freakish hormonal outbursts would be happy to provide and alibi for reason why I could not visit her.
I don't feel like going into the whole SIL issue but in short, she freaked out on me last week because hubby (her bro) & I had not locked down a date to come visit her & her family. I mean made a huge deal about it. We had no idea it was such a major deal to her we come visit. I know, sounds like nothing when I put it this way but believe me it was a hormonal outburst. My main gripe is when you're in a shitty-hormonal mood, don't call me looking for a fight! Anyway, get to put that visit off for another week or so...yay!
Another upside to the week, we had a town yard sale this weekend and though it got rained out today, we did sell $80 worth of stuff yesterday! Granted its not a huge profit, we were just selling random crap but its a profit we can add to our flat screen TV fund or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Lousy week for me too! I agree, glad it's over! Congrats on the succes of your yard sale...I need to do the same thing!
Hugs & Love to you!
Post a Comment