Well, then it rained and rain water filled my bucket. Several times. I kept asking my husband to empty the bucket so as not to drown the poor bulbs. I assume that is a possibility. Today i finally got around to starting to rescue my vintage bulbs. My son and I started sifting through the buck 'o stinking mud to pull out the bulbs. This is brings me to another issue......What is the deal with that?! Why does our wet dirt smell like manure?!
Anyway, we pulled out maybe half the bulbs before my son got too hot and I got tired of the smell. Now some of them are drying their muddy selves in the sun.
Gardener Friends - this is the right thing to do......right?




3 comments:
You know I'm not sure about the bulbs. I thought you were supposed to keep them in a dark place, like put in a paper bag. I always just replanted them. Hope someone else makes a comment for you with better advice! Great blog!
Thanks, Cindy. I laid all the bulbs out because they'd been sitting in a bucket of watery mud for way too long. I forgot about keeping them somewhere dark. Now that they are dry perhaps I'll put them in a brown paper bag like you said.
Good advice Cindy! I'd find a place to replant them asap though.
Post a Comment