"cake! strawbewwy and chocolate."
"Ummm, ok" I said since I'm not much of a baker not to mention my oven is sort of flakey about keeping temperature so when I have attempted baking the loap of banana bread looks done and tasty on the outside but when flipped to remove from the pan its raw! So sure.....I'll try to bake an actual cake.
Low and behold I found a fabulous recipe on All Recipes called One Bowl Chocolate-Strawberry Cake. Perfect! I decided to make it the night before just in case it doesn't go well I could still make an emergency run to the grocery store in the am. Well Friday night comes, the cake is halfway through the baking process when guess what happens......
Freak storm!
Electrical Transformer down the road explodes.
Power goes out.
Shit!!! - Yes, I have an electric oven.
I kept my wits about me and decided to leave the cake in the oven. It would stay hot, right? And it only need to cook for another 15 minutes.
I let it "cook" a little longer and risk taking it out. It actually looked and smelled delicious!! Oh thank God! Perhaps i should start turning the oven off halfway through all my baking ventures.
The cake came out great. My son loved it, as did everyone else. So this is me tooting my little "I baked my son's birthday cake" horn. And my son was thrilled it was the exact kind of cake he asked for. Awesome!



2 comments:
That is fantastic!! I love that even in the face of adversity you rolled with it and came out on top. Nice!!
Looks delicious!
Post a Comment