Friday, May 8, 2009

No, I'm not crying!

I'm not a crier. I can cry. I do cry, occasionally. Movies and sad things and highly menstrual days make me cry but not not stupid little things. Perhaps it is better to say that I am not a public crier. I will not cry at the movie theater. You've all read the post about how I am at funerals. Don't like people to see the crack in my composer I guess. It's just who I am. Prideful I suppose. And this isn't about crying in public but more so the stupid little things.

Yesterday I picked my son up from preschool and he burst out of the room saying "Happy Muffer's Day, mommy!" and handed me a poem with his hand print and a small gift. He didn't mention opening it so I thought I'd wait till Sunday. That's big for me.....letting a gift wait. Real hard.

Today my cute little fellow shine through as my son and demanded I open the gift! Yay! The gift is a cute pin made from a puzzle piece, painted gold with little bedazzle jewels glued on it. I don't wear pins. Not my thing. And I know that he didn't do this by himself, the teaches tell them what to make and then help/do most of the work but, for the love of Pete, I practically started crying. Its the first gift my little guy has made for me and he was so excited to give it to me. I showed my mom when she came by and I started getting teary-eyed.

6 comments:

Holli said...

Roxy that's not stupid at all! That's very sweet and very special.....what a sweet guy!!

I still have the first picture my nephew drew for me at day care when he was 3 and for that matter I have a card my cousin made for me when she was 10 and I was 15. I love that kind of stuff!!

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

Aaawww, that is so sweet!

Lizzi said...

Few things in life are sweeter than a little boy excited to give his mom a present. Happy early Mother's Day!

Cindy said...

Happy Mother's Day! There's nothing better than a gift from your little one!

Unknown said...

Roxy, what a sweet gift! Even if you don't wear pins, find a place to pin it at home or in the car. Your son will love it, wherever it is!

Brandie said...

That is so sweet! Happy Mother's Day (a day late)!