I bought and started another Journal today. A pretty-covered, blank paged Journal despite the fact I already have one; one I started at least 2 years ago now and have yet to near the end of the blank pages. This is my habit. See pretty, blank Journals. Wonder over in a daze as they call out to me. Finger all the cutest and prettiest ones. Try, try to talk myself out of buying one. Usually I can resist the urge.
Not today.
Today I bought one. Why? Why do am I so attracted to these pretty books with blank pages? I do not have aspirations to be a writer, though I did start this blog. Really I just wanted to have a place to express my snarky thoughts.
Snarky. This is one of my new favorite words.
I certainly do not have the spelling aptitude to qualify me to be drawn to journaling. Yet here I sit with a new shiny, pale blue, alligator skinned Journal. I know, it doesn’t sound like it meets the pretty criteria but you can't see the shade of blue, so inviting.
I bought the Journal. I've been in dire need of Roxy-time so as soon as the hubby got home today I pointed to our usually adorable kid who has choose to utilize his argumentative and disrespectful traits the past few days and said
I've had it! I'm going out!
Where do I flee to.......Border's of course, home to inviting Journals and books! I was successful in ignoring the sultry sounds of many books calling to me. But not Journals.
It’s alright. I tell myself. Go find a quiet corner in the cafe, Journal and escape for awhile. You need it.
And wouldn't you know, apparently it was some sort of holiday that required everyone in a 5 mile radius to show up at Borders and hang out in the cafe!! There wasn't even an open seat!
Ugggg.....just wanted some me time! With no people around! Don't stress, go to the chain sandwich shop down the street, equally nice place to hide in a corner with baked goods and caffeine.
So I purchased the Journal and changed locations, successfully found a quiet place to enjoy my large chocolate cookie and soda and Journal. Alone.
And wouldn't you know it, 5 minutes in, some dude comes in ignoring allllllll the other quiet corners and empty tables and sits in the one closest to me!
Grrrrrr.
AND he sits with his back to the door and faces me!! Who sits with their back to the door when eating alone?!?!
Go away, dude! I know you think I'm good looking and you're drawn to me but do you see the pissy look on my face?! Go away! (I’m not really that vain but when on a roll.....)
*sigh* Damn it. So it is back home I go to my most likley apologizing yet blissfully ignorant todder and potentially-cranky-from-the-toddler's-spell hubby. Joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Next time Roxy....get up and put your back to the offending stranger and keep on writin'!! I think that your "me time" will be extremely beneficial to you.....wish I could be there to share it with you so we could turn "me time" into "we time".....
I wish you could have been too. It would have been great to just hang with a friend and destress for awhile! Great mood to sit and people watch....I bet we'd have some fun with that!
Aww, I have the same calling from pretty journals, and I suck at journaling. Blogging is as close as I get. I have more than a few pretty journals with blank pages, that are still blanks. I can type away, but I don't enjoy writing my hand get tired and I don't like my handwriting that much. But the idea of it is still inticing to me. I remember those days of needing an escape when my kids were little...grocery shopping alone was the best I ever got. ;o)
TroseKay - my hand cramps up so quick when I try to do any writing beyond a grocery list. Darn computers....makes the hand out of shape for writting!
Post a Comment